SCRAPBOOKING AND CARDS KITS

MONTHLY CARD AND SCRAPBOOKING KITS AVAILABLE IN STORE ON LINE SHOP NOW FROM $25 + Postage
Card kits include everything you require to make at least 6 cards with little or no cutting. All your papers and cards are cut, embossed, punched and scored so you can make your cards with little or no effort. Instructions with colour photos included with your kits.

Scrapbook Kits include everything you require to make your double page with colour photos, with full instructions to make a page.

Monday, February 1, 2016

New Teacher Information for 2016



Hi Everyone,

When we closed at Christmas I didn’t know who or how I was going to replace Lynda’s.  When I came back this year everything has fallen into place and I can now finally let you all know what will be happening for 2016.  We have lots of changes this year new staff and teachers for you all.  I’m excited about all the changes and I hope you enjoy and support the changes I have made.

First with scrapbooking we will have a different teacher each week who are all passionate about creating fantastic pages for you all.

Let me introduce to you Laraine Crane. Laraine will be teaching every first Wednesday of the month.

My Passion for Photography & scrapbooking was ignited when I won a camera at a school fete when I was 11. I used to Glue all my Nan’s photo’s into an old leather bound scrapbook, asking so many questions about the people in them…..  I was lucky enough to work for Kodak for 16years which fueled my passion for photography and preserving our photos. I was a wedding photographer for 6 years, the best part of the job was designing the wedding albums.   I have been scrapbooking for 20years and have seen many styles come and go…. I have fallen in love with the Project life style as I’m able to use more photos on my layouts. I would describe my style as pretty, clean and Sparkly…I love to create and have a fantastic craft room that you can always find me in…    My Life has taken a different direction since being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014, and I’m enjoying the new Me! I’ve was fortunate to be asked to run a scrapbook club at a local high school for the special needs students, I love it and we have so much fun!

Let me introduce to you Gwen Wruck.  Gwen will be teaching every third Wednesday of the month.

Hi there, I'm Gwen,  
I started scrapping in 1998.  All these years later I still absolutely love it and do so everyday.  I also enjoy making cards for my friends and family.  I have worked on many Design Teams and love showcasing products, sharing ideas and connecting with the scrap community both on-line and locally.  I have enjoyed having my layouts published in Scrapbooking Memories and Scrapbook Creations and I am a frequent contributor to Australian Card Making and Paper-craft Magazine.  This year I am thrilled to be working on the Scrapbooking Memories Creative Team!  I have enjoyed teaching at local events and in local stores over many years with a highlight being a tutor for the 2014 June Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo.

 I can’t wait to meet you all and hope you will join me for some layout classes - I promise fun with lots of chat and some fresh scrapbook ideas!


Let me introduce to you Dianne Vecchiet.  Dianne will be teaching every fourth Wednesday of the month.

I come from a background of various arts and crafts ranging over the last 25 years.  Paper tole, Acrylic Painting, Folk Art, Porcelain Painting, Pastels and various paper craft have all been a passion over the years. It is nearly 14 years since I moved from Sydney with my husband Walter.  I have two adult children daughter Lee who is married with two children and Hayden who now lives 90k just out of Melbourne. I have taught Paper Tole, Acrylic Painting here on the Gold Coast once those circumstances changed I took up Scrapbooking and have enjoyed created layouts for the past 8 years, which has become a passion I could not ever have imagined.   During this time, I have had the privilege to win various awards for Paper Tole, Porcelain Painting, Pastels and more recently Scrapbooking at the local shows.  I love teaching and sharing with you all.  I’m looking forward to creating my scrapbooking pages with a vintage style for you all.

Last but not least with the scrapbook teacher let me introduce me Karen Binnie. 

I have been involved in the industry for over 30 years.  I’ve created all my life from the age of 4 years when I started entering colour competitions.  I could colour but not draw so when my friends Jan and Doreen showed me stamps, I was hooked and I’ve never looked back since.  I started scrapbooking around 10 years ago when my first grandchild was born, I usually left the designing to Lynda since she started working with me, but now she had gone I needed to give it a go.  I am passionate about texture so I will create some pages with a mixed media element in them, as well as creating layouts with a male theme, as I have four grandsons and of course half of the population is male you know.  I’m really excited to create my layouts for you all, I’ve taken up the challenge and there is no looking back now I’ve started.  I’ve surprised myself and really have enjoyed creating the layouts.

Let me introduce to you Jay Chalvatzis. Jay just loves creating, give her a challenge anytime and see what she creates, they are truly stunning pieces.  Jay will be designing mixed media canvas pieces, books, Off the page projects and cards all with a shabby chic and vintage feel.  Her first piece is in the making and her classes will be on the fourth Friday of the month (unless public holiday) for you all.  Can’t wait to see the piece for Feb, I believe it’s nearly finished.

We will continue this year to have our Guest Designers visits every two months on a Thursday so book early on these ones, as Jane’s classes for Feb booked out quickly and some have missed out.

We will miss Lynda dearly and we are hoping when she visits the coast we will be lucky enough to offer a class for you all.   We wish Lynda all the happiness and fun in her new adventure in Orange.

We will also miss Denise as she needs time off for herself and family, thank you for sharing your books with us over the last year and all the best.

We also have new staff who will be working with me.  Anja and Kaye as you all know have been helping me out since my daughter Prue left to have her baby, they have put their hands up to work every week now so you will see Anja on Mondays and Kaye on Saturdays,you will also see Prue back every now and then on a Friday to help out as well.  We also have Vicki who will fill the gaps and help Kaye on Saturdays.  I welcome you all and look forward to you all being part of our team at The

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating 
Love Karenxx

No comments:

Post a Comment